This month’s Small Business Spotlight features Maca Sports Leadership, a New Zealand-based organization that helps empower people through their involvement in sports activities. We asked founder Chris a bit about his organization and its backstory.
1. Tell us a little about your business. What makes it unique?
Using sport as a context I empower people to be better people and leaders through a range of workshops, speaking and active sessions. I will work with any age, person or group who are willing to challenge themselves and be active.
2. What inspired you to work in this business?
I got my inspiration from my own personal experiences growing up and the power of knowing where you come from, your journey and how you learn from all of your experiences – good and bad.
3. What is your favorite part of your job?
Challenging people and watching them empower themselves and others.
4. Do you have any advice for people who want to enter into this industry?
Answer the question to yourself ‘Why I do this work?”
5. What do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time, I do Parenting and play Football.
6. What is your favorite book or movie?
My favorite book is Shoe Dog.
7. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
Get comfortable being uncomfortable
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I would love to go to the Olympic Games anywhere in the world – I am sports-crazy!
9. What is your idea of a perfect day?